Monday 16 January 2017

Mae Sot to Nahkonsawan

13 Jan - Mae Sot to Trat by minibus then to Kamphaeng Phet - 72km
I'd heard that the road to Trat was awful cycling.......hilly, heavy traffic and major roadworks to upgrade the road to a motorway. For once I listened to the voice of reason and pedalled down to the bus station in Mae Sot. 75 baht for me and 100baht for the bike got me a place on a minibus. 

 
My transport for the 100km to Trat. Not my favourite means of travel, jammed in like a sardine  I felt car sick and terrified at the same time. They drive so fast......and it was Friday 13th!

After arrival at Trat I was soon heading south on decent tarmac towards Kamphaeng Phet. 

 
All the rice paddies seem to be at various stages of preparation, some with vivid green plants already well established. 

14th Jan - Kamphaeng Phet to Nakhon Sawan - 127km
At sometime during the day I made the decision that today would be my last on the bike. Nice tarmac but the scenery wasn't uplifting.....flat as a pancake, I only climbed 30m in 127km. Added to that Nakhon has a mainline rail station on the way to Bangkok which is just over 200km down the tracks.  I've plenty of time before my flight home so I'll take a couple of days off in Nakhon before catching the train. 

 

I nip down to the railway station to check out the timetable. 

 
Trucks with character - still in use


 
 
Nakhon is a laid back town, it's hard to tell whether it's Sunday or Monday.......I take a trip around a nice lake right in the centre of town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment