Monday 16 January 2017

The Final Leg

17th Jan - Train 112 to Bangkok

I'm at the station early and have a ticket for me 98 baht (£2 ish) and 90 baht for the bike. As usual I'm not quite sure what to do with the bike when the train gets in. 

 

For a mainline station it's a very pleasant place to while away an hour or two

 

A very long tanker train whooshes through. 

 

A load of raw fish fillets arrives at the station. I'm guessing they're destined for Bangkok in the same freight car as my bike. No, they attempt to sell them to passengers on the train while it's waiting in the station.

 
Hey ho! This is my train......me in car 5, bike in car 7........Bangkok here we come!

Well that's it as far as this trip goes. I'll sign off with a video from Myanmar with the smily people, and where the bicycle is still very much an important part of everyday life. 



6 comments:

  1. Well Done Micheal, glad it all worked out and you are safe. What an experience! Thanks for letting us share your journey and your meetings with the locals and their lifestyles. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where next year? This might be hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already booked up next year. Hawaii...... with Maria. 10th wedding anniversary : )

      Delete
    2. Hi Mike, finally got round to catching up on your trip, well done again. Small wheels again this time? thought you said before "Never again" lol
      Look forward to the Hawaii blog, if you find the time to write one.
      Regards Derek

      Delete